One Kiss (2016)
|Content Rating||Unrated (Unrated)|
|Awards||Awards7 wins & 4 nominations|
|Company||Indigo Film, Titanus, Lucky Red|
One Kiss (film)
One Kiss is a 2016 Italian film, directed by Ivan Cotroneo and based on the novel of the same name, written by him and published in 2010 by Bompiani. The film's main themes are homophobia and bullying in schools.
Antonio is a basketball player in a high school team, a rising star, but it doesn't make him popular in his school, which is in a small northern Italian town. He is a closeted kid, spending most of the time silent and grieving over his older brother's death. Most of his teammates consider him dumb. Blu is a sharp and smart girl, who, after being discovered to have had sex with her boyfriend and three of his friends at the same time, is fighting with graffiti that is sprayed on the school walls, which calls her a slut. The new kid, Lorenzo, is openly gay. He has just been adopted from an orphanage in Turin and guards himself with extravagant behaviour and an extreme sense of fashion. The three teenagers start an unusual, but good friendship, fighting against bullying schoolmates with immense success. But, then, one single kiss changes their future, leading to a great tragedy.
- Rimau Grillo Ritzberger as Lorenzo
- Valentina Romani as Blu
- Leonardo Pazzagli as Antonio
- Simonetta Solder as Blu's mother
- Giorgio Marchesi as Blu's father
- Thomas Trabacchi as Lorenzo's father
- Susy Laude as Lorenzo's mother
- Laura Mazzi as Antonio's mother
- Sergio Romano as Antonio's father
- Alessandro Sperduti
- Seattle International Film Festival. 31 May 2016.
- Tel Aviv International LGBT Film Festival. 7 June 2016.
Awards and nominations
- Nastro d'Argento. 2016.
- Guglielmo Biraghi Award. for Rimau Grillo Ritzberger, Valentina Romani, Leonardo Pazzagli and Alessandro Sperduti.