The Tom and Jerry Show (TV Series 2014– )
|Creator||Darrell Van Citters|
|Genre||Animation, Short, Adventure, Comedy, Family|
|Content Rating||TV-PG (TV-PG)|
|Awards||3 wins & 6 nominations.|
|Company||Slap Happy Cartoons, Turner Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation|
The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)
The Tom and Jerry Show is an American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and animated by Renegade Animation. It is based on the Tom and Jerry characters and theatrical cartoon series created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. The series first premiered in Canada on Teletoon on March 1, 2014, and began airing on Cartoon Network in the United States on April 9, 2014.
Beginning in 2017, the series moved on Boomerang's streaming service in the U.S and international Boomerang channels. The fourth season was released on February 5, 2021.
The series follows the antics of Tom in his pursuit to catch Jerry. Episodes each consisting of two segments (three segments starting from the second season) can follow one of these scenarios:
|First released||Last released||Network|
|1||52||26||April 9, 2014||August 4, 2014||Cartoon Network|
|2||78||26||February 6, 2016||November 29, 2018||Cartoon Network|
|3||78||26||February 1, 2019||December 2, 2019||Boomerang SVOD|
|4||78||26||February 5, 2021||Boomerang SVOD|
- Tom – A blue/gray cat who is always chasing Jerry. He is also Jerry's partner-in-crime.
- Jerry – A brown mouse who is always running away from Tom. He is also Tom’s partner-in-crime.
- Spike – A muscular bulldog whom Tom is frequently at odds with. However, the two seem to be more friendly to each other in this series.
- Tyke – A small puppy and Spike's son.
- Rick and Ginger – The owners of Tom and Spike. Rick favors Spike while Ginger favors Tom.
- Butch – A black alley cat that lives on the street who is the frenemy of Tom.
- Little Quacker – A yellow duckling, who is the best friend of Jerry.
- Tuffy – A gray mouse who wears a diaper and is the nephew of Jerry.
- Hildie and Beatie – Two witches living with Tom and Jerry in a haunted house.
- Grayson - Beatie and Hildie's ghost nephew comes over at the haunted house.
- Newt – An orange Triton which uses an eye patch. He also lives in the house of witches.
- Napoleon – A gray rat who is a friend of Jerry. He lives in the scientific laboratory of Dr. Bigby.
- Hamster – A clever hamster who also lives in the laboratory of Dr. Bigby.
- Dr. Bigby – A scientist working in a scientific laboratory.
- Narrator – A speaker that tells all stories of detective Tom and Jerry.
- Toodles – A light female kitty with a blue bow on her head who is Tom's girlfriend.
- Rutger, Rolph, Rudy – A trio of loud German Mice introduced in Season 3 who live in Catsylvania.
- William Hanna and Harry E. Lang (archive audio; uncredited) – Tom Cat, Jerry Mouse
- Rich Danhakl (uncredited) – Tom Cat, Jerry Mouse
- Frank Welker (uncredited) – Tom Cat, Tyke, Baby Dragon, Bear Cub
- Rick Zieff – Spike, Meathead (season 2 onwards) Barkley the Dog, Skid, Dutch, Santa, Skullie, Trucket Man, Squirel, Man 3, Hotel Manager
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin – Ginger, Winston's Owner, Drone
- Stephen Stanton – Rick (season 2 onwards), Muscles Mouse, Uncle Pecos, Jack Benny Mouse, Commercial voice, Frankie, Fifi's ex-boyfriend, Peterson's Cat, Country Wolf, City Wolf, Whispering Voice, Delivery Driver, Neighbor, Reporter, Mynah
- Jason Alexander – Rick (season 1)
- Kath Soucie – Tuffy, Mimi, Aunt Claire, Cozette, Gigi, Baby Mockingbirds
- Alicyn Packard – Toodles, Madame Beta, Matalyn, Doofy Mouse, Coco
- Rene Mujica – Newt, Bear, Tom's 7th Life
- Cree Summer – Beatie
- Rachael MacFarlane – Hildie, Mummy
- Joey D'Auria – Butch Cat, Jeff, Meathelda, TV Narrator, Dawn O' Day, Droopy Dog
- Sam Kwasman – Quacker
- Gary Cole – "The Cat and Mouse Detectives" Narrator
- Chris Parnell – "The Great Outdoors" Narrator
- Simon Helberg – Napoleon, My Bot-y Guard
- Tom Kenny – Detective, Dr. Bigby, Hamster, Wilfred, Tom's 1st Life, Tom's 4th Life, Tom's 5th Life, Tom's 8th Life, Ronnie the Rabbit, Percy, Guard Dog
- Nika Futterman – Polly, Baby
- Cristina Pucelli – Mathilda
- Charlie Adler – Polly's Owner
- Yuri Lowenthal - Waiter #4
- Dave B. Mitchell – Tom's 2nd Life, Tom's 3rd Life, Tom's 6th Life, Petey, Mummy's Spellbook, Rat, Meathead (season 1)
- Phil Lollar – Monkey, Frank, Crooked Eddie, Man 1, Man 2, German Shepherd
- Katie Leigh – Woman 1, Woman 2, Stardust, Gypsy Lady
- Kari Wahlgren – Toots, Fifi
- Catherine Cavadini – Toodles' Mom
- Trevor Devall – Toodles' Dad, Clerk, Stinker, Shop Owner, Delivery Guy
- Julie Wittner – Bunny, Roxie, Misty
- John DiMaggio - Additional Voices
- Rob Paulsen – Scarf
- Robin Atkin Downes – Large Marvin
- Charlie Schlatter – Grayson
- John Michael Higgins – Uncle Harry
- Keith Ferguson - Additional Voices
- Robbie Daymond – SiFu, Batboy, Ramone, Dog #3, Announcer ("Cat Dance Fever" only)
- Yvette Nicole Brown – Momma Mockingbird
- Phil LaMarr – Tom's Shadow
- Sean Kenin — Screwy Squirrel
- Bill Farmer — Butch the Dog
- Gilbert Gottfried – Geanie
- Tara Strong – Tooth Fairy
- Matt Taylor – Winston
- Patton Oswalt – Carver
- Jason Hightower – Red
- Sean Donnellan – Lawyer
- Marieve Herington – Ellen
- Robert Cait – Carlton
- Lesley Nicol – Maid
- Corey Burton – Mad Dog
- Diane Michelle – Nanny
- Donovan Patton – Hector Hare
- Jake Green – Jake the Tortoise
- Jeremy Crutchley – Cates
- Daniel Ross - Rutger, Dave, Fritz, Zombie Cats, Crow, JubJub, Female Bug, Scarecrow
- Chris Edgerly - Rudy, Rolph
- Mark Hamill - Additional Voices
- Eric Bauza - Skunk
The Tom and Jerry Show was initially announced to consist of 26 episodes divided into 52 11-minute segments to air on Cartoon Network, with the intention to remain faithful to the original theatrical short series. The show was originally intended to premiere on Cartoon Network in 2013 before being pushed back to April 9, 2014.
From the second season onward, the art style of the show was retooled and the series running time for the segments is now 7 minutes to more closely resemble the original MGM shorts. Because of the running time switch, the half-hour episodes contain 3 segments instead of 2.
The series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, with Renegade handling the actual production work under the supervision of Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postelwaite. Renegade Animation is also known for producing Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and The Mr. Men Show. It is the second Tom and Jerry television series produced in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the first to be animated in Adobe Flash. It is also the second made-for-television iteration of the cartoons to emulate the theatrical shorts and the fifth made-for-television Tom and Jerry production. It was also the longest–running Tom and Jerry series, overtaking Tom & Jerry Kids.
The Tom and Jerry Show premiered on March 1, 2014 on Teletoon in Canada. The series premiered on April 9, 2014 on Cartoon Network in the United States. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it began airing on April 12, 2014 on Boomerang, and also on CITV in 2016 (including all episodes following "Say Uncle"). It premiered on April 21, 2014 on Cartoon Network in India. In Australia, Cartoon Network premiered it on May 5, 2014. The series began airing on Boomerang in the United States on January 5, 2015. In Indonesia, it is currently broadcast on GTV since February 13, 2017 and on RCTI since August 13, 2017. In China, it is broadcast on China Central Television. In Japan from September 23, 2014 NHK BS Premium broadcast it with the title New Tom and Jerry Show on December 15, 2015. In India, the show retelecasted on 14th November 2020 with new Hindi dialogues in Cartoon Network India.
Region 1 DVDs
|Season||DVD title||Episode count||Total running time||Release date|
|1||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season One, Part One – Frisky Business)||13||286 minutes||September 23, 2014|
|2||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season One, Part Two – Funny Side-Up)||13||286 minutes||January 13, 2015|
|3||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season Two, Part One)||13||286 minutes||2021|
|4||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season Two, Part Two)||13||286 minutes||2021|
Region 2 DVDs
|Season||DVD title||Episode count||Total running time||Release date|
|1||The Tom and Jerry Show (Season One, Part One – Frisky Business)||13||272 minutes||October 13, 2014|
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The series has received generally mixed to favorable reviews, with criticism primarily directed at the switch from traditional hand-drawn animation to flash animation since the previous Tom and Jerry TV series, Tom and Jerry Tales.