Killing Daddy (2014)
|Genre||Crime, Mystery, Thriller|
|Content Rating||TV-14 (TV-14)|
|Company||Reel One Films 6|
Killing Daddy (also known as My Father Must Die) is a 2014 TV movie that aired on Lifetime. The film stars Elizabeth Gillies, Cynthia Stevenson, and William R. Moses.
At a young age, Callie Ross (Sabrina Mangiaracina) has been scarred by the death of her mother (Jenilee Murray). When she is grown up, Callie (Elizabeth Gillies) has blamed her father George (William R. Moses) for her mother's death and has estranged herself from him and her sister Laura (Tori Anderson). Upon hearing that her father has come down with a stroke, Callie sees this as an opportunity to take revenge on her father and his housekeeper Emma Granger (Cynthia Stevenson) and regain what George has taken from her.
- Elizabeth Gillies as Callie Ross Sabrina Mangiaracina as 8-year-old Callie Ross
- Sabrina Mangiaracina as 8-year-old Callie Ross
- Cynthia Stevenson as Emma Granger
- William R. Moses as George Ross
- Sebastian Pigott as Jake Watkins
- Tori Anderson as Laura Ross
- Tom Barnett as William Hanover
- Jenilee Murray as Callie's Mom
The film was released on July 5, 2014 on Lifetime, with re-airings on the Lifetime Movie Network. The film also aired in Canada on The Movie Network. International airings of the film occurred on TF1 in France, on RTL-TVI in Belgium, on Real Time in Italy, on Divinity in Spain and on HRT 2 in Croatia.
The Movie Scene said that the film "is entertaining in a routine sort of way with that over the top style which frankly makes it an incredibly obvious movie."