The Pregnant (Russian: Беременный, romanized: Beremenniy) is a 2011 Russian comedy film directed by Sarik Andreasyan. It stars Dmitri Dyuzhev, Anna Sedokova, Mikhail Galustyan and Ville Haapasalo. The Hindi remake rights are owned by T-Series and Maddock Films.
Sergei and Diana Dobrolyubov have long dreamt of having a child, but Diana simply isn't getting pregnant. Sergei, who works as a TV presenter at the Muz-TV channel, makes a wish to a falling star (“I want a child”), and his wish is fulfilled, but with a catch: instead of his wife, he, himself, becomes pregnant. Sergei's friend, Zhora, convinces him that pregnancy is not a reason to hide, but instead is an opportunity to gain fame and money. The show "The Pregnant" becomes the most popular television project, and its main character - Sergei Dobrolyubov - a star. In the end, in order to give birth to his child in peace, Sergei decides to inform his fans that he falsified the pregnancy.
- Dmitri Dyuzhev - Sergei Dobrolyubov
- Anna Sedokova - Diana Dobrolyubova, Sergey's wife
- Mikhail Galustyan - Zhora, Sergey's friend
- Ville Haapasalo - Director
- Dmitry Sharakois - Dr. Tikhonov
- Svetlana Khodchenkova - Prosecutor
- Dmitry Khrustalev - Edgar, gay man
- Victor Vasiliev - Slavik, gay man
- Lyudmila Artemyeva - Sergey's mother
- Valentin Smirnitsky - Sergey's father
- Vadim Takmenev - Cameo
- Timur Solovyov - Cameo
- Nikolai Naumov - Reporter
- Anton Sasin - President of Russia
The film's score was written by Aleksandr Vartanov. The following songs are featured in the picture.
- Egor Solodovnikov — "Beremenniy"
- Anna Sedokova — "Kosmos"
- Dmitri Dyuzhev — "Ya u togo poroga"
- Grigory Leps— "Shelest"
- Gloria Gaynor— "I Will Survive"
- Queen— "I Want to Break Free"
- Roy Orbison — "Oh, Pretty Woman"
- Aleksander Serov — "Ya lyublu tebya do slyoz"
- Yulia Nelson — "All I need is you"
The film received generally negative reviews in Russian media.