Osenniy marafon (1979)
Autumn Marathon (Russian: Осенний марафон, romanized: Osenniy marafon) is a 1979 Soviet romantic comedy-drama, a winner of 1979 Venice Film Festival, San Sebastian Film Festival and 1980 Berlin Film Festival awards in the best director and best actor categories. It was also selected as the Soviet entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 52nd Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
It starred Oleg Basilashvili as Andrei Bouzykine, a married English-to-Russian translator in Leningrad who is going through a mid-life crisis and struggling to stand up for himself in his tangled relationships with his wife, mistress, neighbors, and co-workers. The cast included such notable Soviet performers as Yevgeny Leonov, Natalya Gundareva, Marina Neyolova, Borislav Brondukov, Nikolai Kryuchkov, and Galina Volchek. It was directed by Georgiy Daneliya.
- Oleg Basilashvili as Andrey Pavlovich Buzykin
- Natalya Gundareva as Nina Yevlampyevna Buzykina
- Marina Neyolova as Alla Mikhaylovna Yermakova – Buzykin's Mistress
- Yevgeny Leonov as Vasily Ignatyevich Kharitonov – Buzykin's Neighbour
- Norbert Kuchinke as Bill Hansen, Danish Professor
- Nikolai Kryuchkov as Uncle Kolya, Alla's Neighbour
- Galina Volchek as Varvara Nikitichna
- Olga Bogdanova as Yelena – Buzykin's Daughter (as O.Bogdanova)