Co mi zrobisz, jak mnie zlapiesz (1978)
|Company||Zespol Filmowy "Pryzmat"|
|Language||Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian|
What Will You Do When You Catch Me?
What Will You Do When You Catch Me? is the English title of Co mi zrobisz, jak mnie złapiesz? a Polish comedy film released in 1978, directed by Stanisław Bareja.
Tadeusz Krzakoski (Krzysztof Kowalewski), the director of a failing state-owned company, is married with problems. His mistress, the daughter of a Communist party bigwig, says she's pregnant and Tadeusz knows he'll have to marry her to save his reputation and his job. But divorce is never simple and Bareja's screwball comedies are never boring.
What Will You Do shares many themes in common with Bareja's other comedies, especially Teddy Bear, with an emphasis on the sheer absurdity of life under Communism. The plot is too convoluted to be believed, but the director makes screamingly funny scenes from watching hapless citizens of Warsaw using a glass in a cafeteria that's been chained to the table so it won't be stolen or waiting in line for days to buy furniture.
- Krzysztof Kowalewski - Tadeusz Krzakoski
- Bronisław Pawlik - Roman Ferde
- Stanisław Tym - Tadek Dudala / Szymek
- Ewa Wiśniewska - Anna Krzakoska
- Ewa Ziętek - Danusia
- Andrzej Fedorowicz - Mrugala
- Stefan Friedmann - Worker
- Janusz Gajos – Supermarket Manager
- Zdzisław Maklakiewicz – Father
- Zofia Merle - Krzakoski's Servant
- Stanisław Gawlik - Stefan Kołodziej