Captain Lightfoot (1955)
|Genre||Adventure, Drama, History, Romance, War|
|Content Rating||Approved (Approved)|
|Company||Universal International Pictures (UI)|
Captain Lightfoot is a 1955 American CinemaScope Technicolor adventure film directed by Douglas Sirk starring Rock Hudson, Barbara Rush and Jeff Morrow and is a Hollywood adaptation of a book by W. R. Burnett written in 1954.
The movie is set in the early 19th century with the hero and his brother-in-arms becoming highwaymen, robbing the wealthy around the foothills of Dublin, Ireland. Captain Lightfoot falls in love, and the ensuing drama threatens everyone's safety.
The movie was filmed around Clogherhead, County Louth and in the Powerscourt Estate in Enniskerry, County Wicklow.
- Rock Hudson as Michael Martin, aka "Lightfoot"
- Barbara Rush as Aga Doherty
- Jeff Morrow as John Doherty, aka "Capt. Thunderbolt"
- Kathleen Ryan as Lady Anne More
- Finlay Currie as Callahan
- Denis O'Dea as Regis Donnell
- Geoffrey Toone as Captain Hood
- Hilton Edwards as Lord Glen
- Sheila Brennan as Waitress
- Harry Goldblatt as Brady
- Charles B. Fitzsimons as Dan Shanley
- Christopher Casson as Lord Clonmell
- Philip O'Flynn as Trim